Thursday, August 10, 2006

Don't Stop Me Now

Cause I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
I'm traveling at the speed of light

And I'm back.


I've been back for about a week, but I've been too exhausted/jet lagged/lazy to get around to posting. Not to mention that it's taken a while to upload and resize my 400 odd pictures (the blessing and curse of digital cameras).

I had an absolutely fantastic time, one of the best experiences of my life - cliches be damned. It was non-stop touring, visiting, sight-seeing, partying, drinking, and dancing. I got about 3-4 hours of sleep a night, if that. Sometimes we just crashed for an hour and a half before getting on the bus the next day. I'm flat broke and still exhausted - but it was worth every penny and every lost minute of sleep.

Be prepared for pictures (click the links):

London
London is amazing (though it was disgustingly hot) - I was there by myself for the 4 days, so I spent all my time walking around trying to get in as many sights as possible:
After London, I made my way to Berlin where I met up with the Contiki group and started the tour part itself.

Berlin
Prague
One of my favourites of the trip, it was also where I did the most (and hardest) partying.
On the way to Vienna, a hilarious sign at the Italian restaurant we ate at.

Vienna
Bratislava
We had a short afternoon lay-over in Bratislava, where I oddly enough had McDonalds for lunch (trio and dessert cost me about 1.50 Canadian, hah!)
Budapest
Last, but far from least - my other favourite destination on the trip. It was stunningly gorgeous and so fascinating, plus the food was freaking amazing!
I was surprisingly sad to say goodbye to everyone the next morning, I actually had to hold back tears while seeing Sara, Joyce, and Amanda off in their taxi. All in all, it means I had a much better time than anticipated, and that's what counts.

To end this post full circle, here's a link to a quick video of us on the coach listening to our trips theme song - Don't Stop Me Now, by Queen. The bus had an iPOD hook up, so we listened to this song every morning. Such good memories!

9 Comments:

At 12:38 AM , Blogger ROSAMARIA said...

Wow...sounds like an amazing trip! I'm doing my trip around Europe in November...can't wait! Nice template, btw! ;)

 
At 12:40 AM , Blogger ROSAMARIA said...

PS - I see that you are reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon...I read that a few years ago and it is still by far my favorite book...Make sure you read all 6 books for the whole series! (sorry for posting 2 comments!)

 
At 4:34 AM , Blogger Chorna said...

Joanna, first things first: You are utterly gorgeous :D Whichever lucky man gets you better have the sense to hold on to you! :D

It looks like you had a really, really fantastic time and I'm only sorry now that I didn't get to meet up with you during the 4 days that you were in London. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your photos with us. :) It certainly makes me look forward to travelling in the near future! :D

Oh, and by the way: Welcome home. :)

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

thanks for stopping by, sandal - and it definitely was an amazing vacation! And yes, I am definitely enjoying Outlander, though I didn't know I was getting myself into a series! Thankfully I know someone who can lend me the other books.

aww, you're sweet Chorna. It is too bad we didn't get a chance to meet up in London, but I'm definitely planning on going back! Who knows, maybe Wimbledon next June :D

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Diane said...

Wonderful pictures and story.

If you have a lot of digital pictures, you might also want to try flickr.com - it's free to sign up (it uses Yahoo accounts if you have one, Yahoo bought them), so the photos will stay out there forever, where I think photobucket only keeps them online a short while. Plus you can integrate it into blogger if you'd like.

 
At 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Jo!

Europe is the shit! :D

Thanks for the postcard <3

Hope you get mine - I wasn't sure about which address to send it to.

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Hey Jo glad you back OK and had a fantastic time - you visited a lot of the same places I did!!

The bus seems a really good way of doing things, having just travelled South Africa by bus the only negative is some days spending all day driving in the bus.

You photos look very good - unfortunately my camera was stolen at the end of my trip so lost loads. Hope you've recovered from the trip!

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

thanks for the comment, diva! And I have a flickr account, I didn't use it for the pics because it wouldn't let me upload all of them unless I paid a membership fee, seeing as I had 300-400 pics. Plus, I've have pics on photobucket for about 4 years now and they're still fine!

Jamie! Glad you got the postcard - I just moved, so my apartment address in Montreal has changed - but I'll be able to check my mail there for another week or so.

John, welcome back as well! That totally sucks about your camera, I would be so pissed off. Hope you had a good time as well :)

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Ian Edwards said...

Fantastic pictures! Glad you had a good time, looked like an amazing trip.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home