Saturday, June 10, 2006

Still Alive, Robbed, and Cranky

No, I haven't died or fell off the face of the earth. I especially haven't died while falling off the face of the earth.

I haven't posted recently because of a rather annoying and worrisome incident: my laptop was stolen. Over the May long weekend, someone broke into my apartment when I was away and swiped my computer. Luckily, it was the only thing they took and there was no damage done to my place. I hadn't locked the windows when I left, not having had problems before and I suppose I became accustomed to not thinking about it, so my guess is they came in through the fire escape at the window.

I've just recently received the new laptop, and I'm busy trying to reinstall everything to the way I had it before. It's such a hassle and it's been very frustrating, but luckily I had all my important files saved elsewhere so I didn't lose anything vital.

Overall, it could have been much worse. I'm thankful that it wasn't, but I'm also supremo pissed off to have to be going through all this in the first place.

Because of the break in, I've decided that I'm going to move out into a better and quieter area nearby. My Dad and I saw the apartment I found today, it's quite nice - much bigger than my current apartment, it has a balcony, and the building is gorgeous and very secure. It's a high rise building run by a company, so everything is pretty (all marble lobby, nice elevators) and it even has a pool/sauna, 10th floor terrace, and a breakfast restaurant area. Plus there's cameras in the lobby and elevators and you need a scan card to access the building. Best of all, the rent is actually reasonable.

I suppose something good has come out of the whole situation, but I'm still cranky about it! Then again, being a raging bitch is all part of my personal mystique.

3 Comments:

At 6:15 AM , Blogger Richard said...

Sucky.

Glad that some good has come of this, but yeah.

Sucky.

So when is the big move?

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

yeah, sucky is fairly apt.

I'm moving into the new apartment in mid-August, after I get back from Europe :)

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Mark said...

I'm sorry you got broken into and your laptop stolen. More than anything it's a hassle and inconvenience which you could always do without. Inconsiderate pr*cks.
Cudos on the awesome new apartment though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home