The more I listen to this song, the more it hits home with me. Thought I'd share some of my favorite lyrics:
All you need is love is a lie
Cause we had love and we still say goodbye
Now we're tired
And it stings when it's nobody's fault
Nothing to blame at the drop of your name
It's only the air you took
And the breath you left
So I'll check the weather
Wherever you are
Cause I wanna know
If you can see the stars tonight
It may be my only right
Need to feel you on the line
Don't hang up this time
I know it was me who called it over
But I'd still wish you'd fought me till your
Don't let me get away
Cause I can't wait to figure out what's wrong with me
So I can this this is the way that I used to be
There's no substitute for time
Or for the sadness
- Split Screen Sadness, John Mayer.
Sunday, February 01, 2004
Ambition. Neuroses. Non-Sequiturs. The ramblings of a delightfully anxious graduate student pursuing a life and a PhD.
- Name: Joanna
- Location: Montreal, Canada
- I got my nose pierced today. Left side, small stud...
- Quote of the Day/Week/Month (it was just that good...
- Having just finished reading East of Eden by John ...
- And I'm back. Back in Waterloo, the 'Loo, the city...
- Hey what's up y'all? I'm having a crazy fun tim...
- And I'm home. I love my home, it never really feel...
- Exam period. Sleeping in = good, but incessant wor...
- This is definitely one of the weirdest 24 hours we...
- Just got back from The Matrix Revolutions. I enjoy...
- The John Mayer concert was beyond words. He is by ...