Sunday, February 01, 2004

The more I listen to this song, the more it hits home with me. Thought I'd share some of my favorite lyrics:

All you need is love is a lie
Cause we had love and we still say goodbye
Now we're tired
Battered fighters

And it stings when it's nobody's fault
Cause there's
Nothing to blame at the drop of your name
It's only the air you took
And the breath you left

So I'll check the weather
Wherever you are
Cause I wanna know
If you can see the stars tonight
It may be my only right

I called
Because
I just
Need to feel you on the line
Don't hang up this time

I know it was me who called it over
But I'd still wish you'd fought me till your
Dying day
Don't let me get away

Cause I can't wait to figure out what's wrong with me
So I can this this is the way that I used to be
There's no substitute for time
Or for the sadness

- Split Screen Sadness, John Mayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home