Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Exam period. Sleeping in = good, but incessant work = bad. It's a trade-off. Happily, I have my first great exam schedule: I go home in 9 days and get to spend 3 weeks at home. Bliss. There are no words to describe how excited I am.

I have two papers due tomorrow, both of which are done. Thank god. My research proposal for Biopsych was 6 pages of actual writing with 26 sources. Yikes. The reference section ironically took me the longest to do, I better get a good mark for this. It's my only reward these days. Especially now, with the thoughts of Grad School rampant in my brain. I need at last an A- in my last two years (this year and next year), research experience (thesis, RA) and volunteer work. I know I'll have research experience, with the RA position next semester and the thesis next year, and I have volunteer experience - now let's just hope I can keep the A-. My electives are what is costing me marks. Fucking philosophy and religion - what was I thinking?

McGill has an amazing Behavioural Neuroscience graduate program that I would kill to get into. That's my number 1 choice, after that is UofT, UBC, McMaster (sadly), and Queens. Someone told me not to aim so high, but I wish I knew another way to aim. I think I can do it, I'm going to try. If I get into McGill I'd be getting my Masters and PhD both in 4 years.

Dr. Joanna, BA, MA, PhD. I like the sound of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home