Sunday, December 14, 2003

And I'm home. I love my home, it never really feels like I've left. I pull up in the car around that corner that defined many years of my childhood, and I see the blue garage, the blue door, and the porch with the wicker furniture: our house. Nothing's changed. I miss it, I love it. It feels so good to be home, not to have to worry about loud, inconsiderate roommates or always being cold because the hydro costs an arm and a leg.

We bought the Christmas tree today and my mother and I decorated it. I put all the little ornaments my brother and I had broguht home way back in the craft-making days in the front. They're so hideously ugly that it's adorable: little cottonball rabbits with one leg and an ear falling off, fanned paper angels stuck together with scotch tape, a little skunk with a santa hat on made out of a walnut. It was fun, I really enjoyed it. Corny, yes, but I was in some need of the cheesyness that is the holidays. I'm sure that in three weeks from now I'll be glad to be rid of it.. heh.. I was never one for too much cheese.

They forecast 15-20 cm of snow for tonight, it should be interesting. Thankfully tomorrow I'm going to be sitting on my ass in my pyjamas, unshowered, for the whole day watching movies and daytime TV. Yeah Passions! I also bought a new book today (since I needed something to read in between now and Christmas): it's called Invisible Monsters, by Chuck Palahniuk. He wrote Fight Club - the only book I've ever read that wasn't as good as the movie. He writes such unorthodox stuff that the movie was much better at getting the nature of the story accross. Reading it, I always felt that if I hadn't seen the movie I wouldn't have understood or appreciated it as much. It's awesome, nonetheless.

Simpsons time, folks :) I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home