Sunday, January 25, 2004

Having just finished reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck, I figured I'd post a list of the books that are next on the list. They're not particularly in order, though I want to read some more than others.

1. Lullaby – Chuck Palahniuk (going to start this tonight)
2. No Logo – Naomi Klein
3. Midnight’s Children – Salman Rushdie
4. Survivor - Chuck Palahniuk
5. Rebecca – Daphne du Maurier
6. Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follet
7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
8. The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
9. The Piano Man’s Daugher – Timothy Findley
10. The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury
11. Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
12. The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck
13. The 120 Days of Sodom - The Marquis De Sade
14. Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
15. Foucault’s Pendulum – Umberto Eco
16. Prometheus Rising - Robert Anton Wilson
17. The Manticore – Robertson Davies
18. World of Wonders – Robertson Davies
19. Life Before Man – Margaret Atwood


The sad thing is that I already have most of these, they're just waiting for me to pick them up. And of course it goes without saying that this list will be added to within a day, but I thought it worth while posting now.

I'll have most, if not all, of these read by the end of the summer 2004.

As a side note:



I enjoy this: Atlas stands holding the weight of the world on his shoulders, and I can just imagine people walking by him every day on their way to and from work and never really noticing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home