Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Heart of Life

It's surprising how much sway the weather can have in determining my mood.

Yesterday was a beautifully perfect fall day: sunny, a big bright blue sky, and a comfortably warm temperature with that slight crispness in the air that makes a light jacket the perfect accessory. I love fall for this reason, with all the leaves just starting to change colour and fall from the trees. It makes me happy.

I slept in, had my coffee, did my pilates, and set out for some shopping. I took my iPOD, freshly loaded with the new John Mayer CD Continuum (I am completely addicted to it and cannot stop listening, I even have trouble falling asleep because the songs are stuck in my head).

The combination of the beautiful day, the sometimes fulfilling feeling that can result from shopping for things you actually need and want, and the great music all came together to make yesterday such a great day. I had a little hop in my step and a smile on my face, it was terrific.

Days like that are so few and far between, I'm glad that I was able to savour it in the moment. Next weekend is shaping up to be even better: Thanksgiving with Mike and Rose coming into town! Woot woot, can't wait to see them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home