Saturday, September 25, 2004

2 weeks into classes and I'm already stressed out. Oddly enough, it's not even this year of courses that's stressing me out the most. I've got application on the BRAIN. Grad school is already killing me, and I haven't even applied yet. It's so damn stressful - I need a scholarship from NSERC to get into the Masters/PhD program that I want at McGill.

As if having to apply for grad school and take the Subject GRE test isn't enough, I also have to jump through a kagillion hoops for this damn scholarship. It's valued at 17,300$ mind you, so I do conceptually understand the hoop-jumping. But it's killing me. On a section of the application, they ask for an outline of my Masters research proposal. I haven't even applied to grad school yet and they want me to know what I'm going to be doing research on in a year's time? Come ON!!!

I still really haven't nailed down the details of my Bachelor's Thesis for chrissake, let alone my potential Master's project! Lesson of the day: bureaucracy = teh suck.

At least I have the appartment pretty much to myself this weekend, thankfully. I really enjoy the quietness and peacefulness when it's just me here, I can really envision myself living on my own next year. I think it would be wonderful - a little lonely at times, but I'll have friends and family so near by and that will make the difference.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner - whoo! I'm flying home for the long weekend, and I absolutely cannot wait. I already have party plans. Shocker, I know.

Listening to: Story of My Life - Kristian Leontiou. (Fantastic voice, very smooth and yummy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home