Monday, August 09, 2004

Ireland was fantastic. I had an absolute blast. It's really hard to put into words how much fun I really did have. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. The beer was fantastic. Irish boys are hilarious. MC and I have many stories to tell, we had some pretty great times.

Here is an example of the scenery. This is take from the Cliffs of Moher, a region on the west coast near to Galway: Cliffs of Moher. Pictures don't really convey how beautiful the cliffs are, it still felt surreal even while standing there where I took the picture.

This is a picture taken from another region near Galway called Connemara. It's a small but very beautiful area on the west with a population total of 3 million sheep. Doesn't seem like a lot? Well, there are only 4 million people in total on the entire island of Ireland. Kinda puts it in perspective, eh? Connemara.

This is me on the grounds of the Kilkenny Castle, with the castle itself in the background: Kilkenny Castle. It's a very beautiful Castle inside and out, and we had a pretty great tour of it.

For fun - this is MC wearing a big fuzzy Guinness hat: MC in Hat.

Overall, it was a fantastic trip. I was frequently tired, often without enough sleep, had my hands blistered from dragging around a 40 pound bag all over Ireland, and the flights were exhausting. All absolutely worth it.

The most valuable lesson I learnt while in Ireland is that the answer to this question is always yes - regardless of what time it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home