Monday, May 10, 2004

So I am officially - well, I hope - Ireland bound. My best friend, MC, left earlier today for a 3 month trip to Dublin, Ireland. She is doing a SWAP program where she'll live and work there for the summer. Since I turn 21 in June, my birthday present is a one week trip to Dublin to visit MC. I am positively thrilled. I love to travel, have been interested in visiting Ireland for a while now, and it will be extra-fun since MC will already be there. We are going to party it up and harass numerous Irish boys. In all honesty, all I want is to hear their yummy accents.. heh, I'm a sucker for a good accent.

I go back to the 'Loo on Saturday for the summer. I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'm not really upset about it either. It'll be cool. I'm going to have fun working, and will be doing a lot of traveling this summer - so it won't be that bad :)

I spent most of the day today cutting out material to sew another skirt. I sewed one last week and it turned out great - the material on this new one is slippery and hard to sew. I completely fucked it up on the sewing machine earlier... heh. Snagged a hem all to hell and definitely had my already thin margin of patience ground down to nothing.

I need new books. I'm currently reading Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. It's pretty fucked up, very weird style of writing so far. Plot hasn't really started and I'm already 100+ pages in. I'll keep at it though. Want to get some more Neil Gaiman and Brent Monahan - I liked Neverwhere by Gaiman and The Book of Common Dread by Monahan very much. Devouring books is my favorite part of summer, I'm excited :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home