Saturday, November 01, 2003

So it begins.

November 1st, it's ridiculous how fast time flies. I know it's a cliche, but a cliche is a cliche because it's true. It seems like my life really started to pass me by in sec 4 (grade 10 for you non-Quebecers out there). So much has happened since then to shape me into the neurotic psych student that I currently am, but I still can't believe I find myself in 3rd year of a 4 year undergraduate program.

I finished the latest Anne Rice novel last night; entitled Blood Canticle. Lestat, the vampire that many of us have come to love, appeared and took the limelight as first person narrative for the last time. This book marked the last of the Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair Witches saga. Stan Rice, Anne's husband, died in 2002 - he was the inspiration for Lestat, so I think this probably played some sort of role in terminating the series.

It really struck me that a large part of my life had passed when I finished the book. I devoured all the Vampire Chronicles and Mayfair books as a teenager, and it really hits home to realize that I will never read about them again. You become so attached to characters that it becomes hard to let go - maybe it's just me.

On a similar note, Halloween was fun last night. Rez people had a little party, it was enjoyable. Some days I miss them, most days I don't. But it was nice to hang out and shoot the shit, that's mainly what I miss. Plus, who doesn't love getting stuck with the nick name "Devil Horns"?

I'm off to see Kill Bill with some friends at 9, I'm excited. Quentin Tarrentino (spelling) always delivers, so it should be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home