Sunday, February 18, 2007

Polish Overload

So my date with Match Boy went well. We went out for drinks at a quaint Scotch bar - though we both opted for beer. We got along well, had nice conversation, and generally enjoyed each other's company.

With that said, there just didn't seem to be any spark/chemistry on my part. I didn't feel the excited nervousness that comes I like someone. Cliche or not, there was a very strong 'friend' vibe - it really felt like going out for drinks with a new friend.

While there doesn't seem to be a romantic match, at least I might get a friend out of the deal! I'm going out for drinks with another guy, henceforth named Dr. Guy (he's a medical resident), on Tuesday. So we'll see how that goes!

---

As for the topic - Polish Guy has unfortunately and hilariously crawled back ever so briefly into my life.

I was out with my best friend yesterday doing some shopping before seeing the new Hugh Grant movie. We're down in one of the underground food courts, just sitting and having a chat. As we're getting up to leave, guess who strolls up to us.

I instantly know it's Polish Guy, and start laughing in a "god this is going to be bad, isn't it" kind of way. He starts off asking something along the line of if my friend and I are "good smellers". I shit you not.

I look over at MC, and can tell she doesn't recognize him. And then I realize he doesn't recognize us! He then tries to tell us that he has two different colognes on his wrists, and wants us to choose the one we like best. He proceeds to shove his wrists in our faces.

The look of pure terror and disbelief on my friends face was hysterical. We both start to back away, just trying to get the hell away from this guy - while I'm frantically hoping he doesn't suddenly remember us.

As we're walking away, I tell my friend who it was, and we begin to talk about how randomly scary that was and if the "are you good smellers" line usually works on unsuspecting women.

Polish Guy is a whole new brand of completely and horrifying weirdness that I hope to never encounter again in my life. Blech!

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Polish Boy. Always there with a socially-inappropriate comment or two.

Sorry your date was very friend-y. Although if this means anything to you, my current boyfriend and I were BFFs for months before we finally hooked up. It's a whole different dynamic than with someone you just meet and fall for, though.

--supine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home