Grad Student ChuztpahAs time goes on, I seem to be falling more and more into the dreadful stereotypes of a typical grad student.
- Ramen noodles are making more frequent appearances in my pathetically packed lunches
- I seem to have a fierce disdain for most undergrads (with a few exceptions - those that work in my lab are cool)
- My relationship with my supervisor mainly consists of me feeling inadequate and confused
- My future research goals are piling up without making much progress on the projects I'm working on now
- I'm getting seriously impatient about how slowly it takes to get results
- I can't function without a few cups of coffee a day
- The number of talks I have to give and conferences I have to go to keeps going up
- The resulting anxiety about these talks and conferences doesn't seem to dissipate
- Guilt has become an inherent feature of relaxation
In other words, PhD Comics is basically starting to look too much like my life. heh.
At least I do seem to go out and get drunk more often than the PhD comics characters, but I'm not sure that that's necessarily the marker of normalcy that I should cling to. Ahh well, off to the bar tonight!