Hangover CityPopulation: Me (and Jamie, and Elisa, and pretty much everyone that I was out with last night)
Last night (and this morning) was good times: what the Hudson locals call a Chat Night. I visited my friends in Hudson, a community just off the island of Montreal. It's got that Waterloo-small-town feeling to it, where everyone knows eachother. We went to the town bar/dance club called the Chat (short for Chateau, pronounced 'shat') with a bunch of people. Here is a short play by play of the more amusing events of the evening:
- 9:07 pm: Driving to Hudson, in the pitch black darkness with the wind pushing my car all over the road.
- 9:27 pm: Getting lost in Hudson, because it's so goddamn dark and I can't see the street signs. I end up taking every left turn (7, in total) before I serendipitously find Elisa's street.
- 10:00 pm: The drinking begins, starting with somewhat sketchy Mango Daquirita's.
- 11:00 pm: More people arrive, and the dirty Greek Lovers cards are whipped out. Card games begin.
- 11:30 pm: More drinking.
- 12:30 am: We finally leave for the Chat, piling into the back of Jon's Jeep (who wasn't drinking, of course).
- 12:45 am: We arrive, and more drinking ensues.
- 1:00 am: I get introduced to about a thousand people, hugged, kissed, and groped by a fair amount of them. I couldn't remember their names 30 seconds later.
- 1:30 am: Shots are ordered. More drinks are ingested. More introductions are made (to some of the same people, who I forgot I had met in the first place).
- 1:45 am: Elisa's brother James hugs me, exclaiming: "Jo, you're the shit!".
- 2:00 am: Sexual Healing comes on, and some rather scandalous dancing occurs.
- 2:15 am: More drinks are ordered.
- 2:33 am: James hugs me again, also reexclaiming: "Jo, you're the shit!".
- 2:48 am: Group hugging begins, with everyone telling everyone else how much we all love eachother.
- 3:00 am: It's closing time, more group hugging ensues.
- 3:45 am: For some reason, we stuck around on the terrace hugging and talking and telling eachother how much we love everyone. Again.
- 3:50 am: Jon drives us back to Elisa's place, and after he leaves someone gets the bright idea that they want La Belle Province (Quebecois restaurant, serving hot dogs, fries, and the best poutines in Quebec).
- 4:00 am: We drive all the way out to Sources, about a 25 minute drive, to get La Belle. It's getting light outside.
- 4:30 am: We arrive, with Elisa passed out in the back of Katina's car. The rest of us chow down - god that poutine was good, though not the brightest idea I've ever had.
- 5:00 am: We drive home, and I join Elisa in passed-out-land.
- 5:30 am: We arrive, it's fully light outside, and Elisa and I crash into bed.
- 11:30 am: I awake and drive myself home, still somewhat drunk yet simultaneously hungover. Also not the best idea I've ever had.
Listening to: Mr. Brightside - The Killers