Monday, June 06, 2005

Decent Days and Nights

Ahh, summer in Montreal.

It's hot, it's humid, it's sticky. But I love it. I've been reading outside, golfing, strolling the streets downtown, seeing movies, eating at restaurants, shopping, and all those other equally delicious summer activities that Montreal has to offer.

We are fortunate to have the Just For Laughs Festival, as well as the Jazz Festival grace us in the city every summer. Thousands of people from all over the world come here for these occasions. The streets are filled, the city is buzzing - it's difficult to describe to people who haven't experienced it. This weekend is the Grand Prix, so some streets are closed off with Formula 1 racing cars on display. I've spotted a few dozen license plates from all over the States and Canada - it's going to be a zoo downtown this weekend.

I've just landed myself an apartment downtown for the new school year. I can't live with my parents anymore, and living on the west island while going to school downtown would kill me. I've just signed the lease on a gorgeous 3 1/2, just 2 blocks from McGill. It's got great wooden floors, high ceilings, new kitchen with a gas stove, cute bathroom, and new windows. It's also an older building, so the walls are quite thick between units - i.e, no more Stompy McStomp to contend with, wheeee!

Aside from this good news, I'm also unfortunately shit ass broke. Greece tapped me out. This is also going to be one of my last summers of youthful freedom(ish), so I've decided on just getting some wee part-time job for spending money and a trip at the end of August.

Also unfortunately, I can't seem to get anything - mainly from an intense aversion to lowering my standards to the McDonalds level. I'm also toying with the idea of taking a bartending course so I can bartend a wee bit. I've wanted to do this for a while, and I figure this is the best time to make a go at it.

I really don't seem to have the time and/or energy to do much blogging, so I'm afraid updates shan't be too regular for a while. I'm sure you're all just dying inside, but you'll live.

Just remember that you can visit any time, if you're in desperate need of your Jo-fix. I won't hold it against you, I promise.

Listening to: Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM , Blogger Richard said...

Damn it I'm missing the Grand Prix.

Congrats on getting an appartment.

Job hunting sucks. My advice is to grit your teeth, get a lousy job and treat it with the disrespect it deserves (this could be why I am now self-employed).

That or Hooters. :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home