PackingI've been packing since I move out of Waterloo on Saturday - FUCKING FINALLY... ahem, sorry. Upon packing, I have realized the following things:
- Dust is sneaky. My god, it's everywhere. Three years of dust is really a spectacularly disgusting sight. I consider myself a pretty clean person - Amy and I had the cleanest room in our residence first year. But there are just some areas that don't get dusted regularly, on in my case, at all.
- I am a book whore. Between my school books and my pleasure-reading books, I must have the contents of an entire tropical rainforest stashed in this tiny room. Ho-ly crap.
- I keep the weirdest things. I've discovered numerous collections of random buttons from random garments, 3 year old half used rolls of Tums, etc.
- I have sanitary pads all over my damn room. I've found at least 12 separate pads in 12 separate places - in drawers, between books, under the bed, behind the desk. I have no idea how they got there.
- Half of the storage place in this room is taken up by shoes. Christ on a cracker, I have too many shoes. (Okay, it felt wrong and dirty even typing that - there's no such thing as too many shoes).
- The amount of school notes that I've accumulated over my lifetime is astounding. And I have a strange panicky dialogue session with myself when I throw them out - well I might need that at some point... true, they're on Hindusim... but I might need that in Behavioural Neuroscience... must keep them... MUST KEEP THEM.
13 days till I leave for Greece and Turkey. Things just don't get better than this.
Listening to: May You Never - John Martyn