Thursday, April 21, 2005

Packing

I've been packing since I move out of Waterloo on Saturday - FUCKING FINALLY... ahem, sorry. Upon packing, I have realized the following things:
  • Dust is sneaky. My god, it's everywhere. Three years of dust is really a spectacularly disgusting sight. I consider myself a pretty clean person - Amy and I had the cleanest room in our residence first year. But there are just some areas that don't get dusted regularly, on in my case, at all.
  • I am a book whore. Between my school books and my pleasure-reading books, I must have the contents of an entire tropical rainforest stashed in this tiny room. Ho-ly crap.
  • I keep the weirdest things. I've discovered numerous collections of random buttons from random garments, 3 year old half used rolls of Tums, etc.
  • I have sanitary pads all over my damn room. I've found at least 12 separate pads in 12 separate places - in drawers, between books, under the bed, behind the desk. I have no idea how they got there.
  • Half of the storage place in this room is taken up by shoes. Christ on a cracker, I have too many shoes. (Okay, it felt wrong and dirty even typing that - there's no such thing as too many shoes).
  • The amount of school notes that I've accumulated over my lifetime is astounding. And I have a strange panicky dialogue session with myself when I throw them out - well I might need that at some point... true, they're on Hindusim... but I might need that in Behavioural Neuroscience... must keep them... MUST KEEP THEM.
It's been an interesting week. Finals are done, thesis is handed in, and some goodbyes have been exchanged. I'm terribly excited to move back to Montreal.

13 days till I leave for Greece and Turkey. Things just don't get better than this.

Listening to: May You Never - John Martyn

6 Comments:

At 10:47 PM , Blogger supine said...

Your trip sounds so exciting! Good for you for celebrating the end of school with a fun vacation. I hear you about finding weird random things - I have discovered that I actually own TWO slips. Slips! I don't think I have EVER worn a slip. Where did these things come from?

 
At 1:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're luck those weren't tampons or some guy would've thought they were candy. ;)

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Waterloo? As in Waterloo, NY?

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

supine - I didn't find any slips, but I did find about 16 pairs of panty-hose. I never even wear panty-hose. It's an undergarment mystery!

Chris - no, Waterloo Ontario :) I'm officially back in Montreal now, however.

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Ian Edwards said...

How do you think your finals went? Hope they went well for you.

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

I'm pretty sure they went fine - I of course studied more than I needed to. heh. I'm not too concerned. Thanks for asking though, hope your finals and the thesis are also going well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home