AddictionI'm officially declaring that I have an addiction.
Addicted to what, you may ask. Crack? No. Porn? Hardly. Booze? No... at least I don't think so.
Books. Yes, it's books. I'm addicted to books, and addicted to reading. I freely admit it.
Last weekend my roommate Amy (the non-raging-bitch one) and I went to a movie and then meandered on over to Chapters. I had a gift certificate from Christmas, and used it to purchase 4 books. I didn't think that was too extravagant, seeing as my book pile was running somewhat low. Today was such a spectacularly gorgeous day - warm but crisp, sunny, and just delightful. On my way home from class, I decided to swing buy the corner store and rent a movie. After doing so, I spied the second hand bookstore in the same complex and thought I would just go in and wander around - and not buy anything.
So much for that. I bought 5 books. Granted, one was a gift. But that still makes 9 books in one week. It's a problem, I just can't stop myself. It won't take me too long to go through them, and I can bring some to Greece with me. But still. I'm trying to save my money, and when faced with books, I suddenly have a complete loss of self-control.
These are the books I bought:
- Ender's Shadow - Orson Scott Card
- Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card
- Lamb - Christopher Moore
- Hegemony or Survival - Noam Chomsky (I have a previous entry about this book)
- The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
- The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
- The Tao of Pooh - Benjamin Hoff
- The Regulators - Richard Bachman (aka Stephen King)
- The Gunslinger, Dark Tower 1 - Stephen King (for Amy)
Listening to: Drama Queen - HorrorPops