Monday, January 09, 2006

The Classics

I meant to post about my crazy fun New Years experience, but with school starting up again, the will got lost in the depressing daily grind of getting back into the routine.

These 4 simple words and this lovely picture can sum up the night rather nicely: skanks have more fun.


There was some champagne, lots of dancing, an open bar, more dancing, a buffet, more dancing, a stumble home on bruised feet, very little sleeping, and some pronounced hangovers. Good times.

Aside from New Years, there are also two more incidents which prompted me to finally get around to posting.


Firstly: I love the runner's high. I had my first aerobics class today since the end of November. I thought it would kick my ass, and I wasn't sure how my knee was going to hold up. Knee was fine, and I kicked that class' ass! It was awesome. I hadn't exercised that vigorously in a while, and it felt spectacular afterwards. I essentially skipped all the way home, and danced to the radio while showering. I could feel all the serotonin and epinephrine floating around in my brain, it was delicious. Whoo for exercise!

Secondly: I work in a Neurological Institute, it's where my lab is and where I conduct my research. It's also a Neurological Hospital, so there are neurological patients who are residents there. I went into one of the bathrooms today, only to find a sign posted on the wall above the toilet. It said the following: "Il est defendu de se masturber ici".

For those of you who don't speak French, this means "It is forbidden to masturbate here".

Classic.

6 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

hahaha - not so much. It's actually the neurological patients who were misbehaving. The toilets on the main floor are single stalled unisex ones.

 
At 3:03 AM , Blogger Chorna said...

The picture of you and your friends looks very excellent indeedie!

I thought I'd commented earlier in the year, but obviously, I hadn't, even though I've already read this post.

Happy New Year :D And see you around!

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Mark said...

Was it only a staff toilet? Or could it have been a notice to patients? I think you should try and get a photo of the sign (using a phone camera perhaps, may be dodgy walking into the toilet with a camera!) and post it!

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Ian Edwards said...

Glad you had a great New Year! Hope the rest of the year is as good.

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Joanna said...

thanks, Chorna and Ian :) Nice to hear from you guys.

John - I actually tried taking a picture yesterday (I even DID bring my camera). It's a public one person unisex toilet, staff and patients. Unfortunately, the sign was gone. How disappointing.

 
At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so definitely going to be in my sig from now on!


<-- Yogs from tdt ;) (I'm a compulsive blog clicker lol)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home